I'm available for talks, classes, workshops around the country. Because of my unique background, I particularly love teaching people in service-oriented professions like healthcare professionals, social workers, non-profit workers, teachers, lawyers and so on but I'm open to all groups. Please reach out on the contact page to discuss possible workshops!
Physicians and other Medical Professionals
I'm passionate about teaching meditation to my fellow physicians and colleagues in medicine! As healthcare professionals, we have such a unique view of humanity and unique stressors that others outside of our field may not be able to understand. I truly believe that the practices of meditation and contemplation are powerful tools that can connect us deeply with our purpose and set us up for long, satisfying careers in medicine. For many of us, we face increasing workloads, more demanding work schedules and less control over our careers. We care for so many people and yet, we were never taught to care for and nourish ourselves. We must invest in all aspects of our wellbeing including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual by active exploration. In these workshops, you will learn meditation and contemplation techniques woven together by discussion.
Possible topics include:
- Reconnecting with our purpose and original intention of our work
- Attachment to our work identity and how that impacts our lives outside of work
- Compassion and altruism - how do we take care of ourselves in the face of the suffering we face?
- How to maintain a positive yet practical outlook that supports our work
- The importance of kindness to ourselves and examining our self-talk
- True wellness and radical self-care
Please contact us via the contact form to discuss possible workshops with Wendy!